What I’m getting wrong when following the “Magnetic field induced by harmonic current in a wire” tutorial?

The graphical user interface of Elmer
favero.santos
Antispam: Yes

What I’m getting wrong when following the “Magnetic field induced by harmonic current in a wire” tutorial?

Post by favero.santos »

Hello, all!

The problem that I would like to ask for some guidance is as follows:
I'm running the Tutorial 7 “Magnetic field induced by harmonic current in a wire” from Elmers GUI Tutorials. I did all the steps that that tutorial presents but when trying the observe the magnetic strength and density results from the ParaView, it looks like no calculations were done.
Another user also reported the same problem in the post "viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5444&hilit=Magnetic ... 13ae79bd0e" but he also could not get it right. I also tried using his updated .sif file, but it didn’t work out for me.
I'm trying to obtain the same results as presented on page 38 of the tutorial doc.
Could you please help me with this issue?
Info: I’m using the Elmer’s VM.
Many thanks!
Fávero
Attachments
Tut7-pg38-results.png
(197.48 KiB) Not downloaded yet
favero_case.sif
(4.09 KiB) Downloaded 280 times
kevinarden

Re: What I’m getting wrong when following the “Magnetic field induced by harmonic current in a wire” tutorial?

Post by kevinarden »

I did the tutorial with no issues. Your equation definition came out different than mine. Following the tutorial I had 1 equation with both magharm and magpost active you have two equations defined
im mag field.png
(313.04 KiB) Not downloaded yet
im mag tutorial beside of paraview

re mag strength.png
(309.36 KiB) Not downloaded yet
re mag tutorial beside of paraview
case.sif
(4.01 KiB) Downloaded 294 times
favero.santos

Re: What I’m getting wrong when following the “Magnetic field induced by harmonic current in a wire” tutorial?

Post by favero.santos »

Thank you so much!!!

I was adding two different equations, one for MgHarm and another one for MgHarmPost. The solution, as you posted, was to add only one equation with both configurations!