about paraview

The graphical user interface of Elmer
chen junnan
Antispam: Yes

about paraview

Post by chen junnan »

Dear all.

I did a simulation about the FSI in the artery.After the calculation,when I open the .vtu files in openfoam but there are only pressure,displacements and velocity.Why there is no mesh regions button ?And I want to get the streamlines of the results, would you like to give me some suggestions?

Many thanks.

chen
Attachments
case.sif
(10.63 KiB) Downloaded 274 times
raback
Site Admin

Re: about paraview

Post by raback »

Hi

I'll only take up one observation: you're missing the MeshSolver that is needed to extend the elastic displacements into the fluid domain. The mesh velocity is then used in the ALE formulation for the N-S. Otherwise you cannot have consistent formulation. Check the test case "ArteryOutlet" (even if you don't use the same outlet models) or some other fsi test cases.

Paraview has its own documentation and operation should be pretty similar to all CFD solvers.

-Peter
kevinarden

Post by kevinarden »

Stream lines is stream tracker
The lines going around the ball.
stream tracker.png
stream tracker.png (39.87 KiB) Viewed 3206 times
, bottom ribbon eight from the left.

Also, you said you open openfoam to get to paraview, which may not be the same as pure paraview.

You can down load just paraview, at paraview.org and the have paraview tuitorials.
chen junnan

Post by chen junnan »

Dear peter

Thank you very much for your reply. I have added a MeshSolver to my model. But when I finished the calculation, I could only see the changes in the entrance and exit. The changes of blood flow in the vessels were basically invisible. I am also trying to add Neo-Hookean equations to my own simulations, making this look more realistic, but in the ElmerModelsManual, only a lot of similar comments are recorded on the Figure1. Would you like to tell me how to do it specific? Is it just added formulations directly in the solver input file? Or I still have to do some others? Sorry, as a newbie, I still have a lot to learn. Thank you very much for your reply and guidance.

chen
Attachments
case.sif
(11.74 KiB) Downloaded 254 times
figure 1.png
figure 1.png (95.8 KiB) Viewed 3200 times