How to unify surfaces?

The graphical user interface of Elmer
bfischer
Antispam: Yes

How to unify surfaces?

Post by bfischer »

Hi there,

I'm new to Elmer and tried to get started with the Elmer GUI Tutorials. However, I already struggled with Tutorial 1 (Heat equation – Temperature field of a solid object). On page 5 of the tutorial guide several surfaces shall be selected by pressing the Ctrl-key and then unified by clicking Mesh --> Unify Surface. The problem is that I cannot select more than one surface even with pressed Ctrl-key. Can anybody tell me how this works?

Thanks
kevinarden

Re: How to unify surfaces?

Post by kevinarden »

Press and hold down the Ctrl key until you have selected all of the surfaces
bfischer

Post by bfischer »

Thanks for the answer but I tried that already and it doesn't work. I press and hold down the Ctrl key, then select the first surface with a click on Geometry --> Boundary --> Boundary 57. As soon as I select the second surface (Boundary 58) the first one gets deselected (even with hold Ctrl key).
kevinarden

Post by kevinarden »

Try it graphic in the screen. You are right it does not work in the object list, the object list is new.
bfischer

Post by bfischer »

Thanks for the hint. It works now.
kevinarden

Post by kevinarden »

In the object list you can click once and it will highlight the surface in the graphic window. In the object list if you double click it automatically goes to assign boundary condition which prevents selecting another surface. In the graphic window if you double click a surface and boundary condition assignment window appear then set boundary properties have been turned on. You can turn them off with model, set boundary properties.

The only way to combine, or divide boundaries is in the graphic window with set boundary properties off.