ERROR:: StatElecSolve: No > Relative permittivity < found!

The graphical user interface of Elmer
brayenpogaga
Antispam: Yes

Post by brayenpogaga »

Hi,
Iam Brayen for Sam Ratulangi University (Manado, Indonesia)

First time i use Elmer (Using ElmerTutorial) i got some problem when i try to run my elmer project, the problem show in server log is:

SingleSolver: Attempting to call solver
SingleSolver: Solver Equation string is: electrostatics
StatElecSolve: -------------------------------------
StatElecSolve: STATELEC SOLVER:
StatElecSolve: -------------------------------------
StatElecSolve:
StatElecSolve: Electrostatic iteration: 1
StatElecSolve: Starting Assembly...

STOP 1

And here my ServerLog and Project Display

Hopefully all of you can help to solve this problem
Thankyou Guys :)
Attachments
Screenshot (258).png
(125.55 KiB) Not downloaded yet
kevinarden

Re: ERROR:: StatElecSolve: No > Relative permittivity < found!

Post by kevinarden »

You are displaying the geometry from the heat equation tutorial, but are running a static current equation, not sure which tutorial you are doing.

The error means that the relative permittivity variable is not defined, which is needed for static current but not heat equation
brayenpogaga

Post by brayenpogaga »

kevinarden wrote: 12 Jun 2020, 13:32 You are displaying the geometry from the heat equation tutorial, but are running a static current equation, not sure which tutorial you are doing.

The error means that the relative permittivity variable is not defined, which is needed for static current but not heat equation
i follow the tutorial from the ElmerTutorial.pdf book and usually from https://youtu.be/tkbaWYAz1XU

so my question is, what must i gonna do to make my project succes? please give me some clue/tutorial
kevinarden

Post by kevinarden »

I am assuming you mean tutorial 1, the heat equation, that is what the video shows. If you are following tutorial 1, then there should be no StatElecSolve nor Relative Permittivity involved.

In the tutorial steps you create the equation and you must select the heat equation and make it active.

Model
Equation
Add
Name = Heat Equation
Apply to bodies = Body 1
Heat Equation
Active = on

Add
OK
The Material section includes all the material parameters. They are divided to generic parameters which
are direct properties of the material without making any assumptions on the physical model, such as the
mass. Other properties assume a physical law, such heat conductivity. We choose Alum