Internal boundary

The graphical user interface of Elmer
armaghantelgerafchi
Antispam: Yes

Internal boundary

Post by armaghantelgerafchi »

Hello
I have a problem with defining boundary conditions in Elmer. I made a Geometry with Salome and I meshed it in the Salome. I defined faces and Solids as a boundary and bodies. I drew the tube inside the cylinder and I had a problem in defining the boundary condition of the tube inside the cylinder. I couldn't recognize which boundary is for which part. As the tube is inside the cylinder how can I define the internal boundary in Elmer? I couldn't see inside my geometry for defining boundaries in the inside of my geometry.
I would be pleased if you kindly help me with this issue.
Sincerely,
Armaghan
mzenker

Re: Internal boundary

Post by mzenker »

Hi,

in ElmerGUI, you can select the outer surfaces and use View->Hide/Show selected. Then the outer surfaces are hidden and you should be able to see the inner ones.
You can also look for a file mesh.names which should be created when the mesh file cre1ated by Salomé is imported. In the file you will find a correspondence list between the boundary names in Salomé and the boundary numbers in Elmer.

HTH,
Matthias
armaghantelgerafchi

Thank you for your response.
I have one more question about my modeling. I want to use latent Heat as a boundary condition in the interface of solid and vapor. I read the tutorial and I found that the latent heat as a boundary condition in the interface between liquid and solid. In this case because the density of the liquid and solid are near the same, we can use the latent heat of one of them but, I couldn't find anything about vapor and liquid or vapor and solid. I would be pleased if you kindly help me with this issue.

Sincerely,
Armaghan Telgerafchi
raback
Site Admin

Post by raback »

Hi

I guess the modeling of latent heat does not depend on the relative densities. However, would you consider modeling the flow also you should consider the volume source there. For plain heat transfer you might be good as it is.

-Peter
armaghantelgerafchi

thank you for your reply.
you mean it isn't different to put latent heat of solid or vapor in boundary condition in the interface of vapor and solid?
Thank you
armaghantelgerafchi

I think there is a difference between the velocity of vapor and solid because of the low density of vapor in comparison to solid. If I add phase change in the boundary condition, I need to calculate the velocity and I don't know which latent heat I have to consider for the interface between solid and vapor.