Question by (a total) beginner related to needed pipeline

General discussion about Elmer
Iasonm
Antispam: Yes

Question by (a total) beginner related to needed pipeline

Post by Iasonm »

Hi,

I am trying to create a fem simulation of a cavity in a 3d model, which is filled for example with water or air and thus gets expanded. I have never written a simulation before and thus I have no idea where to start. Could someone give me a high level overview of the pipeline I should follow given the .obj file of the 3d model, the material and the pressure on the surface of the cavity in order to get as an output a 3d visualisation of the simulation for a given time time period?
mzenker

Re: Question by (a total) beginner related to needed pipeline

Post by mzenker »

Hi,

have a look into the tutorials. You will find examples with flow simulation which should get you started.

HTH,
Matthias
Iasonm
Antispam: Yes

Post by Iasonm »

mzenker wrote: 16 Sep 2019, 15:52 Hi,

have a look into the tutorials. You will find examples with flow simulation which should get you started.

HTH,
Matthias
Why do I need a flow simulation? Given that the fluid in the cavity applies constant pressure to the cavity surface, I need a simulation of how the solid 3d model will behave..
mzenker

Post by mzenker »

Hi,

I have read too quickly, sorry. But still you will find starting points in the tutorials, also for elasticity. I would advise to do one or two tutorials and then consult the Models manual where the different solvers are documented.

HTH,
Matthias