ELMER Post Editing

Post processing utility for Elmer
Matthew
Antispam: Yes

ELMER Post Editing

Post by Matthew »

Hi all,

I have few questions to ask regarding the ELMER Post Processing:

1) I want to plot absolute displacement but I want to change the plot name from Displacement_abs to something like "Total Displacement"? Can ELMER do this? If yes, please teach me.

2) How can I change the color scale default color scheme?

Thank you very much!
raback
Site Admin

Re: ELMER Post Editing

Post by raback »

Hi

I think you can use the tcl/tk commands to do some of these things. However, I would also warmly recommend saving results in Paraview format and then creating a journal file of your session and running that from command-line to get automated visualization scripts.

-Peter
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

Hi Peter,

Sorry, I didn't quite get what you mean....

Can you explain in simpler words?
mzenker

Post by mzenker »

Hi,

change the file extension of the "Post File" to .vtu (in the Simulation section of the sif file, Model->Setup in ElmerGUI) and open the vtu file with the postprocessor ParaView (see www.paraview.org). It has more features and a more intuitive GUI than ElmerPost, it is under continuous development and has a very active mailing list.

HTH,

Matthias
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

Hi all,

I am currently using ELMER Postprocessor (VTK). How can I plot a surface plot of absolute displacement? Because in the Control -> Surface field, there are only displacement in x, y and z directions but no absolute displacement. Can anyone help me please?