Adaptive mesh, transient sim, elmerpost?

Post processing utility for Elmer
NJank

Re: Adaptive mesh, transient sim, elmerpost?

Post by NJank »

got it, thanks. renaming it to f90 did the trick. it now runs without crashing. running it with the "Mesh Name = " keyword puts each VTU step in its respective RefinedMesh# folder. If I manually copy all of them to a single folder, VisIt opens the group of them and successfully displays both an animated mesh and color plot. I'd call that one step short of a complete win. Since the VTU files are named with the timestep they won't overwrite even if one of the folders get reused, but of course it would be nice if it dumped them all in the same folder (like the base mesh folder or the solver folder or even a VTU_out folder) by default.

If I run without the "Mesh Name =" keyword, it again puts each VTU in each RefinedMesh folder, but it puts a copy of all of them in the Model1 folder as well. This set seems odd, as it has what appears to be the right color plots for each timestep, but only displays the initial mesh. Is this the correct solution set from the refined meshes but superimposed on the initial coarse mesh? The filesizes are much smaller, so that's what I would guess.

Anyway, copying the VTUs to a single folder does the job, so thanks for the quick fix, and sorry for bringing up all these issues.

NickJ.
raback
Site Admin
Antispam: Yes

Post by raback »

Hi

For the desired feature I already implemented the "Output Directory" flag.

By default the solver cycles through all the meshes. There is always the original mesh and the refined mesh. Hence the results are written for both unless the mesh to work with is defined with the "Mesh Name" keyword. Perhaps the Adaptive routine should be changes so that the original mesh would not be active any more. Generally it is sometimes difficult to know what is the desired functionality. The user could also want the results in the original mesh.

-Peter
NJank

Post by NJank »

Oh, I missed that in your previous post. thanks again.