ElmerPost produces no image

Post processing utility for Elmer
scottnla

ElmerPost produces no image

Post by scottnla »

Hey all,

I'm a brand new user to Elmer, after a long search for an open source FES. I'm thrilled to have found Elmer, and just started working through the tutorial.

I went through the very first example (TemperatureAngle) and found it fairly straightforward; however, after the solver has run, I run "Run -> Postprocessor" and find that a black image comes up. ElmerPost opens up with a window titled "ELMER POST GRAPHICS", however the window stays blank no matter what options I click.

Any suggestions as to how to get ElmerPost to give me a picture?

Thanks!
mzenker

Re: ElmerPost produces no image

Post by mzenker »

Hi,

get an image when I do the following:

1. Open the file case.ep in ElmerPost (I took the existing file from TemperatureAngleGUI, did not run the solver again)
2. Click on the "ColorMesh" button
3. In the "Color Mesh Edit" box, select Temperature as Color Variable and "Both" as Mesh Style (don't forget to click on "Apply")

This should work for you with the existing case.ep. If it doesn't work for your newly calculated case.ep, there might be something wrong with your solver run...

HTH,

Matthias
scottnla

Post by scottnla »

That worked perfectly! Thank you so much :)
Oleksiy
Antispam: Yes

Post by Oleksiy »

Hi, i have same problem, but on step 2. Click on the "ColorMesh" button i was confused. It is just black screen, there is no buttons. Could you describe more precisely, please?
Oleksiy
Antispam: Yes

Post by Oleksiy »

It is OK i'l get it!