Salome: Elmer-plugin available

Mesh generators, CAD programs, and other tools
mzenker

Re: Salome: Elmer-plugin available

Post by mzenker »

Hi,

if you move .xml files from edf-extra to edf in the ElmerSalome directory, the corresponding solvers will appear in the solver tabs.

HTH,
Matthias
RaJa
Antispam: Yes

Post by RaJa »

There is a minor update available. Multigrid solver settings will now be written to the sif-file.
raback
Site Admin

Post by raback »

Hi RaJa,

Thanx for keeping up the good work!

Are these instructions still the best pointer to the code:
viewtopic.php?t=4482#p16362

-Peter
RaJa

Post by RaJa »

Yes, they are still valid.

Regards,
Rainer
Maverick90

Post by Maverick90 »

I am very glad that the Elmer plugin is still available. I believe that the function that allows writing the settings into a sit-file that can be used as input for the ElmerSolver is a significant upgrade for this plugin. Also, having everything in one single tool makes this plugin even more attractive. It’s a shame that parallel runs of a simulation are currently supported only on Windows, giving the significant number of Linux users. I was wondering how many users use at the moment this plugin. I believe numbers are very important. At https://www.sunsigns.org/angel-number-4444-meaning/ you can find all the meanings of the number 4444 from an astrological point of view, and the impact that this number can have on your life.
Last edited by Maverick90 on 30 Oct 2020, 04:20, edited 1 time in total.
RaJa

Post by RaJa »

I'm currently not using it anymore. But if you need modifications, I could have another look at it.
raback
Site Admin

Post by raback »

Hi

If you have another look we could try to publisize it more. I think that the fact that you use .XML files out of the box makes this very attractive. I think the effort would deserve more popularity. With all bad that comes with corona there seems to be a very minimal positive thing that people seem to be looking at open source solutions more actively.

-Peter
julien givernaud

Post by julien givernaud »

Hello,

Is this feature supported on elmer 9.0 and the last Salome?

Julien
julien givernaud

Post by julien givernaud »

Hello,

I work on Windows 10
I try to add the ElmerSalome-directory and salome_plugins.py-file in C:\Users\julien\Downloads\SALOME-9.6.0\W64\GUI\share\salome\plugins\gui
in the new version of Salome but it doesn't work when I open the plugin tool menu in Salome Mesh module.

Someone did the test the the new version of softwares Elmer and Salome?

Julien
raback
Site Admin

Post by raback »

Hi Julien,

From Elmer point of view this is just about understanding the sif and mesh files. This is always backward compatible. The old features are a subset of new features.

I would think there may be more risks on the Salome side as the programming interface is more prone to changes.

-Peter