unlisted keyword

Numerical methods and mathematical models of Elmer
teofilBitron
Antispam: Yes

unlisted keyword

Post by teofilBitron »

hi all,
in a thermic simulation I will use a target variable as an input value.
In the save scalars section I define:

Solver 4
Equation = SaveScalars
Procedure = File "SaveData" "SaveScalars"
Exec Solver = after timestep
Filename = Tint.dat
Variable 1 = Temperature
Operator 1 = boundary mean
Target Variable 1 = String TcoilMidi
Update Exported Variables = Logical True
End

Unfortunatelly the variables seem to be unused. Moreover in the output log Elmer wrote:

Model Input: Unlisted keyword: [target variable 1] in section: [solver 4]

Anyone could help me?
mzenker

Re: unlisted keyword

Post by mzenker »

Hi,

"unlisted keyword" normally means that the keyword is not listed in the SOLVER.KEYWORDS file, which isn't a problem as long as you declare the type as you do it. But "Target Variable" should be there, at least it is in my Elmer. So this is a strange behaviour I don't understand.
Since you execute the solver after the timestep, could it be that the problem comes from the variable not existing during the first timestep?

HTH,

Matthias
teofilBitron
Antispam: Yes

Re: unlisted keyword

Post by teofilBitron »

ok, the unlisted keyword doesn't matter.
In the attached zip file the same philosophy but on a simplified mesh.
I would like to simulate a thermic analisys that involve an heat exchange between an internal core (heated by a volumetric source, via Body Force 1) to an external cover but without simulate the fluid dynamics of the air in between.
I made this because the equilibrium state is reached in 90 minutes, so, adding the air transient fluid dynamics would be heavy from the CPU time, and I think not so usefull.
In order to simulate this condition I put the Body Force 1 to the source (Body 3 named source). The heat propagates to the core external surface by conduction and exit by free convection from the core external surface (the delta temperature is used via target temperature values. It is the difference between the core external temperature, B.C. 2 and the cover internal temperature, B.C. 4), this heat is than computed and used as the input Body Force 2 to the cover Body 2. Hopefully, in this manner, I would like to simulate the heat transfer through air without simulate the fluid dynamics. Finally the heat is going out from the external cover surface via free conve in air ambient temperature.
The fact is that the cover will not heated at all, like the target variable would not used at all. Moreover the core temperature goes up and up.
Attachments
simple.zip
(16.76 KiB) Downloaded 264 times