SaveGridData in parallel simulation

Numerical methods and mathematical models of Elmer
fretamal
Antispam: Yes

Re: SaveGridData in parallel simulation

Post by fretamal »

Hi Peter

I downloaded the file SaveGridData.F90 from the devel branch and replace it but is still not working. How do you make it work?
Rich_B

Post by Rich_B »

Hello,

The simplest and safest method is to wait for the nightly binaries to be created, then download and install the latest binary.

If you want to start compiling Elmer from scratch, search through the forum for examples. Since only one source file, SaveGridData.F90, has been changed, theoretically all you have to do is compile that single source file and store the result in the bin folder. Personally, I'd wait for the nightly build.

Rich.
kevinarden

Post by kevinarden »

I agree it is the easiest. However, if for information the steps would be to compile SaveGridData.F90 using elmerf90

elmerf90 SaveGridData.F90 -o SaveGridData.so

The so file then replaces the so file in the elmer library directy, on unix it is usually

/usr/share/elmersolver/lib

however if you are not sure than you can search the drive for SaveGridData.so and replace it with the new one.
fretamal

Post by fretamal »

Hi, I'm using the virtual machine so tried replacing the file and compile SaveGridData.F90 using elmerf90 but I received this error

Code: Select all

SaveGridData.F90:334:22:

334 |       ParallelNodes = ParallelReduction( NumberOfNodes )
Error: Type mismatch in argument ‘r’ at (1); passed INTEGER(4) to REAL(8)
Looking I find another way to update the VM so I used this

Code: Select all

go to directory /home/elmeruser/elmerfem and enter
   "git fetch && git pull",  and launch "./buildelmer.sh" in the directory /home/elmeruser/
It actually compiles but again was creating empty files. I tried running the example from elmerfem/elmerice/examples/SaveGridDataNetCDF changing the Output format = table and works fine. So I copied the way is used the solver SaveGridData and now it's working!

Thanks you for all your help!
Attachments
block4_idrs.sif
block preconditioner
(2.05 KiB) Downloaded 65 times
colonia_nunataks.sif
parallel simulation
(6.36 KiB) Downloaded 63 times