CMake Error: There is a CMakeCache.txt file for the current binary tree but cmake does not have permission to read it.

Discussion about building and installing Elmer
legyptien
Antispam: Yes

CMake Error: There is a CMakeCache.txt file for the current binary tree but cmake does not have permission to read it.

Post by legyptien »

Hi

I have Linux Mint and I am trying to install Elmer following the following link viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3742. I fail at the configure step.

I got the error "

Code: Select all

CMake Error: There is a CMakeCache.txt file for the current binary tree but cmake does not have permission to read it.  Please check the permissions of the directory you are trying to run CMake on.
"[/b] before even clicking on "configure".

I went on the build folder and chose "read and write" and applied to the enclosed files...

Went I click on configure I get this error:

fatal: unsafe repository ('/home/eln/Downloads/elmer/elmerfem' is owned by someone else)
To add an exception for this directory, call:

git config --global --add safe.directory /home/eln/Downloads/elmer/elmerfem

Checking whether GFortran version >= 4.8 -- yes
------------------------------------------------
Mesh adaptation 2D/3D looking for [Mmg] tools 
  Library not found: >MMG_FOUND< 
    Missing: >MMG_INCLUDE_DIR< , >MMG_LIBRARY<, to compile MMG3DSolver
------------------------------------------------
CMake Error at /usr/share/cmake-3.16/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:146 (message):
  Could NOT find BLAS (missing: BLAS_LIBRARIES)
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  /usr/share/cmake-3.16/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:393 (_FPHSA_FAILURE_MESSAGE)
  /usr/share/cmake-3.16/Modules/FindBLAS.cmake:810 (find_package_handle_standard_args)
  CMakeLists.txt:403 (FIND_PACKAGE)

Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!
See also "/home/eln/Downloads/elmer/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log".
See also "/home/eln/Downloads/elmer/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeError.log".
Thanks for your help. I am beginner so details explanation if possible !!
kevinarden

Re: CMake Error: There is a CMakeCache.txt file for the current binary tree but cmake does not have permission to read i

Post by kevinarden »

If you have linux mint then the best and easiest way is to follow the linux instructions for binary here

http://www.elmerfem.org/blog/binaries/
legyptien

Re: CMake Error: There is a CMakeCache.txt file for the current binary tree but cmake does not have permission to read i

Post by legyptien »

Thanks for your quick answer.

I have followed this fast procedure and encountered an issue. I don't remember what. Should I remove everything before doing that process ?
legyptien

Post by legyptien »

first command, first error :

eln@eln-HP-ENVY-TE01-0xxx:~$ sudo apt-add-repository ppa:elmer-csc-ubuntu/elmer-csc-ppa
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/linuxmint/mintSources/mintSources.py", line 9, in <module>
    import pycurl
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'pycurl'
By the way I am looking for the GUI version of Elmer. That's an important information.
legyptien

Post by legyptien »

I selected Python3.8 by default instead of python 3.10 and all 3 commands in the link you provided has worked. No error !

However I am still not able to run elmergui. I get command not found
kevinarden

Post by kevinarden »

The gui version requires

$ sudo apt-get install elmerfem-csc-eg

on some versions of linux