Anisotropic BH curve

Numerical methods and mathematical models of Elmer
gforti
Antispam: Yes

Anisotropic BH curve

Post by gforti »

Dear developers:
I was checking the test files for anisotropic permeability and saw the following message:
'MagnetoDynamicsCalcFields','Reluctivity Function not implemented in complex cases!'

I was testing a simple 2D harmonic case. Is there any intention to extend this functionality?

Thanks for your attention. I am learning Elmer and really got into it.
gforti

Re: Anisotropic BH curve

Post by gforti »

I think my problem is that 'Reluctivity Function' is not implemented for MagnetoDynamics2D. Is there another way to derive a non-linear permeability curve which depends on the value of B. I want to use Bx and By with different H-B curves to get the non-linear anisotropy.
raback
Site Admin

Post by raback »

Hi,

I don't think there is any issue not to implement there. Just need an hour or so to copy-paste the idea. We are currently looking this a little still in 3D so maybe the time is not ripe just yet. But I will keep it in mind. The other B-H models are isotropic.

If you have a great test case and can perform the testing that will certainly motivate to do this. Testing is often more laborious than implementation.

-Peter
gforti

Post by gforti »

I can test it against a commercial software and provide the case files. If you would kind to implement it to 2D, I can begin testing it for 3D.
Thank you for your response.