Save Line in just one body

Numerical methods and mathematical models of Elmer
wmiller
Antispam: Yes

Save Line in just one body

Post by wmiller »

Hi,

I like to write out and isoline (2D computation) but only in one of the several bodies in the computational domain.

It seems that Save Line is not restricted by equation setting to a domain but obtain and write out the points for the entire domain.

How one can realize to restrict the output to a certain body ?

Wolfram
Rich_B

Re: Save Line in just one body

Post by Rich_B »

Hello,

Not too sure what is needed. Any chance you could post a small example? Sif file and geometry file would help you get more specific answers.

Are you looking for isolines or for save lines? Save lines will save the data along a line segment anywhere in your domain. Isolines for a body would probably be best done in Paraview, using geometry ids.

Rich.
wmiller

Post by wmiller »

Hi

I want to have the isoline of melting point temperature in a domain of melt and solid. Currently, I am not interested in the phase transition
but just in the change of the isoline in time.

I like to write out the coordinates of the isoline for each time step thus getting a time series.

Because it is a time series paraview would not so helpful.

Besides the domain of melt and solid we have many more geometrical objects, like heater, isolation, etc.

In SaveLine the computation of an isoline is possible but it will write out the data of the entire domain.

I am not sure if one can compute the isoline elsewhere and then pass it to SaveLine and by this restrict it somehow to the domain melt/crystal

Wolfram
kevinarden

Post by kevinarden »

"Because it is a time series paraview would not so helpful."

Paraview will plot a variable as a function of time.
wmiller

Post by wmiller »

Hi

now I made another workaround.

In a used solved I define a new variable "flag" by Exported Variable 1 = -dofs 1 flag
and use the force to this variable in the region of interest.

The flag can be saved in the output of SaveLine and the required data can be extracted by a python script from the output of SaveLine.

Wolfram
raback
Site Admin

Post by raback »

Hi

Since a minute or so the "devel" branch has a feature that if in "SaveLine" you give "Variable" (any name) it is used as mask when doing polyline, circle line or isoline. So you need a fresh version + add line e.g. "Variable = SaveDummy".

-Peter