Elmer GUI wont run

Discussion about building and installing Elmer
hughprice
Antispam: Yes

Elmer GUI wont run

Post by hughprice »

When I load up the GUI it immediately gets stuck and states 'not responding' no matter how long I leave it running. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, I have restarted and updated my computer and still immediately does not respond. I did notice when I kept reinstalling the software that it gets about just over halfway done and it states I have already installed an MPI (stating error code 50) that's the same or newer than the one I am trying to install, which is not the case as I have no other software on my system and have gone through my files trying to locate the MPI it mentions but cannot find this. If anyone could help me with this that would be much appreciated.
Rich_B

Re: Elmer GUI wont run

Post by Rich_B »

Hello,

Are you using Windows?

Have you followed the steps shown in GetStartedElmer.pdf, located here:

https://www.nic.funet.fi/pub/sci/physics/elmer/doc/

Rich.
kevinarden

Post by kevinarden »

Yes, operating system please. Also how are you "installing it"? Are you using the PPA or trying to compile it yourself?
hughprice

Post by hughprice »

Hi,
I am using windows, I followed the pdf on how to download the software, however I believe initially I closed the software before I started the tutorial, like it suggested on the bottom of page 13, however when I came back to use the software now every time I open it, as soon as I click onto the software it has the message of "not responding" immediately and I cannot do anything within it.
Thankyou
kevinarden

Post by kevinarden »

Go to the bottom left where it says type her to search, type cmd
select open to open a command window
in the command window type
ElmerGUI
and hit enter