Linear ramp of tabulated data?

Numerical methods and mathematical models of Elmer
bengt

Re: Linear ramp of tabulated data?

Post by bengt »

Hi Matthias,
yes, timestep is 1e-6, as it's also written to my results files, so this should be ok. But I'll try your message snippet as well...
Thanks again for your suggestions, and enjoy the weekend!!
Regards
bengt
raback
Site Admin
Antispam: Yes

Post by raback »

Hi Bengt

It is also often a good idea to make the IF-THEN-ELSE so that at last you have

ELSE
CALL Warn("MyBC","This should not happen")
END IF

-Peter
bengt

Post by bengt »

Hi Peter,

thanks a lot, that's another really good point w.r.t. good coding practice, definitely very helpful to figure out what's happening (or not :mrgreen: ) inside the function!
Yesterday, when trying Matthias' message snippet and logging the terminal output, I found that the number of force output lines was more than 3 to 4 times the number of nodes on the respective boundary. I guess this comes simply from the "yy = Model % Nodes % y(n)" statement collecting all the nodes of the entire model which satisfy my IF-ELSE conditions regarding coordinate 2? The UDF thus (pre-) collects ALL potential nodes, but then, from this node set, the subroutine "SetDirichletCondition" only uses those nodes which belong to the according boundary (elements), ignoring the remaining nodes. So, NO forces being imposed on the remaining other nodes somewhere else inside the model?! Could you please briefly confirm if my interpretation is correct?
Again, thanks a lot for your suggestions!!
Kind regards
bengt