Compiler Errors Under Windows 7

Discussion about building and installing Elmer
Pausert
Antispam: Yes

Compiler Errors Under Windows 7

Post by Pausert »

Hello, I'm having issues compiling various Elmer versions under Windows 7. Following the instructions found at http://www.csc.fi/english/pages/elmer/sources I constructed the following shell script:

Code: Select all

export CC=gcc-sjlj
 export CXX=g++-sjlj
 export FC=gfortran-sjlj
 export F77=gfortran-sjlj
 export LDFLAGS=-L/mingw/lib/gcc/mingw32/4.6.2-sjlj

#
modules="matc umfpack mathlibs elmergrid meshgen2d eio hutiter fem" 
# add front and post if you like 
# modules="matc umfpack mathlibs elmergrid meshgen2d eio hutiter fem front post" 
#
for m in $modules; do
  cd $m ; ./configure --prefix=/opt/elmer ; make ; make install ; cd .. 
done
#
# finally, run the tests
cd fem
make check
cd ..
I then ran this script on both the trunk and release version 6.0 in MSYS 1.0 under MinGW with the C, C++, Fortran, and Developer Toolkit installed. I installed these using mingw-get-inst. On the trunk version, compilation completed, but the resulting exectuables failed the write test. I thought this might be because of ongoing work on the trunk, so I obtained a copy of the 6.0 source and attempted to compile it. This results in the following error:

Code: Select all

configure: error: C compiler cannot create executables
See `config.log' for more details.
make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.
make: *** No rule to make target `install'.  Stop.
make: *** No rule to make target `check'.  Stop.
I assumed this was occurring in the fem compilation because the script has left the hutiter directory at this point as signaled by "make[1]: Leaving directory `/c/Users/CoolCad1/Documents/ElmerSourceRelease6.0/hutiter' " .
I then realized that no makefile existed in fem, so I ran ./configure . This resulted in the error "configure: error: BLAS was not found!" What is BLAS? How do I find it? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Also, at one point there was an error that didn't seem to make much different about requiring GNU Readline 4.2 or greater, but it could try to make due without it. How important is this?