Membrane stretching due to negative pressure in a "microfluidic" device

Elmer cases by the users for the users
jeromiglopez
Antispam: Yes

Membrane stretching due to negative pressure in a "microfluidic" device

Post by jeromiglopez »

I wish to simulate membrane stretching due to collapsing channels in response to negative pressure. The stretched membrane is also in contact with fluid. It is an enclosed device with three channels, two channels to generate membrane deformation and a middle channel with an inlet and outlet for continuous fluid injection.
Last edited by jeromiglopez on 16 Jun 2020, 01:51, edited 1 time in total.
raback
Site Admin

Re: Membrane stretching due to negative pressure in a "microfluidic" device

Post by raback »

Hi,

This is quite not yet a resolved case which is the idea of this topic. Nor do I see any questions in you post so I guess things are progressing smoothly? Sounds like an interesting case.

-Peter
jeromiglopez

Post by jeromiglopez »

I thought I would be able to add the mesh and the rest of the steps in the days following the post but I returned to the tutorials to check if I missed anything. I solved my mesh translation problem but I am still unable to apply boundary conditions.
kevinarden

Post by kevinarden »

I believe he means that this specific board index is for solved completed cases to be presented as examples. There are other boards under board index for specific problems. Yours would be fit under General since the whole problem needs to be developed and you are not having a specific technical issue. It would help if you went to general and posted whatever files you have and what issues you are having.

You could also review the contributed cases to see if there is anything similar, search the forum, or review the test cases at

https://github.com/ElmerCSC/elmerfem/tr ... /fem/tests

if the tutorials are not helping you.