ElmerGrid problem with unv files

General discussion about Elmer
fjimenez
Antispam: Yes

ElmerGrid problem with unv files

Post by fjimenez »

ElmerGrid does not correctly write the boundary names when transforming UNV files from salome. I haven't checked the code but I suspect that this commit is the problem https://github.com/ElmerCSC/elmerfem/co ... a1e35ad7b8. Is there a flag to have this problem fixed or is this an unintended consequence of the experimental code introduced in this commit?
image1.png
image1.png (47.36 KiB) Viewed 431 times

Code: Select all

! ----- names for bodies -----
$ air1 = 1
$ air2 = 2
! ----- names for boundaries -----
$ line_bc1 = 1
$ line_bc2 = 2
Cheers,

Francisco
domain_mesh.unv
(160.52 KiB) Downloaded 42 times
Rich_B

Re: ElmerGrid problem with unv files

Post by Rich_B »

Hello,

I'll second that observation. I saw it with unv files generated by FreeCAD. I tested an installer dated 21 Sep 2022, which is prior to the referenced commit, and the earlier version works properly.

Rich.
Rich_B

Post by Rich_B »

As a follow up, after testing with the windows installer dated 12 Nov 2022, elmergrid properly creates the mesh.names file while converting the Freecad generated unv file.

In other words, the issue has been corrected.

Rich.
fjimenez
Antispam: Yes

Post by fjimenez »

Hi,

I am still having issues with some mesh files (unv form salome). For instance, if I don't group some lines/surfaces in the mesh and then convert them with ElmerGrid, these ungrouped geometries are incorrectly labelled. In previous versions all these geometries were lumped together into a bnryX where X was a number. Now, if the ungrouped geometry is a surface, they are assigned a random name, but if the ungrouped geometries are a line, their name is empty.

3D case:

! ----- names for boundaries -----
$ top = 1
$ sides = 2
$ magnet = 3
$ mortar1 = 4
$ �	� = 5
$ mortar2 = 6
$ farfield = 7
2D case: