Non-linear material

Discussion about building and installing Elmer
kevinarden
Antispam: Yes

Re: Non-linear material

Post by kevinarden »

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-open-co ... pt-2618089

Windows uses the path variable to find executable programs typed form the command window. You can full qualify the program name, i.e.
c:\fea\elmer\bin\elmerf90
when typing it in or add the location to the path variable

https://helpdeskgeek.com/windows-10/add ... -variable/
raback
Site Admin

Post by raback »

In fact, ElmerGUI can be used to call the elmerf90 script. If it says "Ready" maybe you were succesfull. You just need to have it in the right place which is not the "Download" directory...
kevinarden

Post by kevinarden »

I have not noticed that feature, from ElmerGUI, you can select Run, Compiler, and it will prompt you for the F90. Just need to make sure you have the dll file in the correct directory.
Sayan

Post by Sayan »

Hiiii,
It's really helpful for me to understand the task now which you stated...I have followed every steps...First downloaded the whole UMAT-Plasticsolver file from GitHub which contains myUMATLib.F90 with subroutines for bi_linear model..Then I add the path of elmerf90 to path variable under advanced system setting from environment variables...After that I open the command window, change the directory to the file address where I saved that UMAT-Plasticsolver file i.e. "C:\Program Files\Elmer 9.0-Release\UMATLIB-plasticsolver" then I do type "elmerf90 myUMATLib.F90 -o myUMATLib.dll"...after that I execute the file...But with few warning lines like "FORTRAN 2018 deleted feature: Do termination statement which is not END DO or continue with level 50 at (1)" it shows " C:/Program Files/Elmer 9.0 Release/stripped_gfortran/bin/../lib/gcc/x86_64-w64-mingw32/bin/ld.exe: cannot open output file myUMATLib.dll: Permission denied
collect2.exe:error: 1d returned 1 exit status"...
What's wrong in this I didn't get it..Can you please guide me...
Sayan

Post by Sayan »

When I open it from ElmerGUI, Using "Run", compiler and then click on myUMATLib.F90 file the compiler log comes with the following message:
'C:\Program' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

Ready
This is when I am running myUMATLib.F90 file from UMAT-Plasticsolver folder which is saved in another folder than where it was downloded.
But in the download file when opening it, showng the following message:
"C:\Program Files\Elmer 9.0-Release/stripped_gfortran/bin/x86_64-w64-mingw32-gfortran.exe" -o C:/Users/User/Downloads/UMATLIB-plasticsolver/myUMATLib.dll C:/Users/User/Downloads/UMATLIB-plasticsolver/myUMATLib.F90 -DCONTIG= -DMINGW32 -DWIN32 -DHAVE_EXECUTECOMMANDLINE -DUSE_ISO_C_BINDINGS -DUSE_ARPACK -O3 -DNDEBUG -O3 -shared -I"C:\Program Files\Elmer 9.0-Release/share/elmersolver/include" -L"C:\Program Files\Elmer 9.0-Release/bin" -shared -lelmersolver

Ready
kevinarden

Post by kevinarden »

" cannot open output file myUMATLib.dll: Permission denied"

Means you do not have write privileges in the directory you are trying to compile the code in, or the system will not let you create a dll file
Sayan

Post by Sayan »

Is there any way to bypass this problem,...I tried by copying all files from 'bin' folder that contains elmerf90 file to subroutine address which is in drive d...now it's showing "Undefined reference to 'ds_yev_' with those similar warning I stated previous day
Sayan

Post by Sayan »

I have tried with only UMATbi_linear.F90 file...successfully executed...now running the sif file...But still don't know why for myUMATLib.F90 it denied the permission....
Thanks for all the support...Enjoying to work with you all...
kevinarden

Post by kevinarden »

I also tried on windows and received the undefined reference, on google it says it is a link issue to LAPACK, I do not have LAPACK on my windows, nor ARPACk
annier

Post by annier »

Hi,

For computers with windows 10, it is convenient to use Elmer software in WSL (Windows Subsystem for Linux).

Reference:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/window ... tall-win10

Then with Elmer software installed within WSL (installation commands similar to as done in case of Ubuntu) the file (myumat.f90) can be compiled in Linux way.

Code: Select all

$ elmerf90 myumat.f90 -o myumatlib.so
The file myumat.f90 must be in the same folder as that of solver input file.

Yours Sincerely,
Anil Kunwar
Anil Kunwar
Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, Silesian University of Technology, Gliwice