Elmer does not tag when calculation is finished in multicore

Discussion about building and installing Elmer
lmehdizadegannam
Antispam: Yes

Elmer does not tag when calculation is finished in multicore

Post by lmehdizadegannam »

Hello,

I am running an Elmer code in Windows and multicore. When the calculation finishes, I do not receive any message in the terminal indicating it has finished. I just should periodically check the output file to see if it is still running. Can anyone guide me how I can resolve this issue?

Thank you so much.
Kindest regards,
Lida
raback
Site Admin

Re: Elmer does not tag when calculation is finished in multicore

Post by raback »

Hi Lida,

Elmer is terminated when succesful basically with "STOP 0". We could also try "CALL EXIT(0)". Would this make a difference on your platform? Maybe you can try with a minimal routine. We could perhaps add some options. STOP is part of standard but might not return a value whereas the 2nd option may be gfortran specific.

For more info see:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/344 ... n/34476302

-Peter
mark smith

Post by mark smith »

Hi Peter,
Is there a call of some sort that could be added to the end of the sif file that terminates the run?
Regards
Mark
lmehdizadegannam

Post by lmehdizadegannam »

Hi Peter,

Thanks so much for your reply. Should I add the exit or stop statement to my Fortran code? I have my sif file, Fortran and Python codes. My Fortran code consists of functions. I am not quite certain where I should add the exit statement. Can you guide me further.

Thanks so much.
Kindest regards,
Lida
raback
Site Admin

Post by raback »

Hi Lida,

No I don't it is that easy to alter the exit style of Elmer. I could do it, but I would need a confirmation that it really helps.

What is the code reading the exit code and how? You could make a three-line Fortran program that exits with different styles (eg. "STOP 0" or "CALL EXIT(0)") and report back if they work.

-Peter