Salome: Elmer-plugin available

Mesh generators, CAD programs, and other tools
RaJa
Antispam: Yes

Re: Salome: Elmer-plugin available

Post by RaJa »

tryphena wrote: 17 Apr 2021, 12:47
ParseError: not well-formed (invalid token): line 310, column 142]
OK, I've found the issue. The error message actually gives you the info where the problem occurs. It's in the xml-files for 'linearelasticity' and 'nonlinearelasticity'. In the description of the Youngs modulus is a bad character. For the 'linearelasticity' it is at line 310, column 142. The problem is somewhere here:

Code: Select all

6 x 6 (3D) or 4 x 4
Just delete this section and type it in exactly the same. This fixed it for me. The same problem is in the 'nonlinearelasticity.xml', line 202.
tryphena

Post by tryphena »

RaJa wrote: 17 Apr 2021, 13:50
OK, I've found the issue. The error message actually gives you the info where the problem occurs. It's in the xml-files for 'linearelasticity' and 'nonlinearelasticity'. In the description of the Youngs modulus is a bad character. For the 'linearelasticity' it is at line 310, column 142. The problem is somewhere here:

6 x 6 (3D) or 4 x 4
Just delete this section and type it in exactly the same. This fixed it for me. The same problem is in the 'nonlinearelasticity.xml', line 202.
Hi Rainer,
You are right. I retype the code and the plugin works now. I have also tried salome 9 and same issues fixed in the same way. Thank you so much! You are awesome to help me out!

6 x 6 (3D) or 4 x 4 

Btw, do you know how Elmer calculate resistance? For example, if I have objects with two terminals of voltage 1, and two terminals of voltage 0. I calculate the current in the static current solver. The solver returns the resistance. How is it calculated by one of the terminals or both? Do you have any clue?Thank you again.
RaJa

Post by RaJa »

tryphena wrote: 17 Apr 2021, 23:28 Btw, do you know how Elmer calculate resistance? For example, if I have objects with two terminals of voltage 1, and two terminals of voltage 0. I calculate the current in the static current solver. The solver returns the resistance. How is it calculated by one of the terminals or both? Do you have any clue?Thank you again.
Sorry, can't help you with that. Maybe open a question in the Solver-Sub-forum?
raback
Site Admin

Post by raback »

Hi

The StatElecSolve used some tailored routines to compute the capacitance matrix. This can now be mimicked by the library and this approach is used by the new generation vectorized static current solver. I don't think it is much mentioned anywhere, see test case:

$ELMERSRC/fem/tests/StatCurrentVecResMatrix
-Peter
tryphena

Post by tryphena »

Hi Rainer, kevinarden, and Peter,
Thank you for providing the information. I think I might not need to go into so much detail of the resistance calculation for now. Thanks again.
Last edited by tryphena on 19 Apr 2021, 14:34, edited 1 time in total.
raback
Site Admin

Post by raback »

Hi,

Sorry, I may have missed the original question.

The resistance is simply calculated integrating over Joule losses (=P) and if we know min/max potential we can use P=U^2/R to compute the resistance. This does not make any geometric studies so if you have several potentials the resistance is sort of effective resistance for the system. You can compute the resistance matrix for arbitrary number of terminals following the test case.

-Peter
tryphena

Post by tryphena »

raback wrote: 18 Apr 2021, 16:35 Hi

The StatElecSolve used some tailored routines to compute the capacitance matrix. This can now be mimicked by the library and this approach is used by the new generation vectorized static current solver. I don't think it is much mentioned anywhere, see test case:

$ELMERSRC/fem/tests/StatCurrentVecResMatrix
-Peter
Hi Peter,
I tried to find the test case you mentioned and failed. Could you please let me know where exactly it is? Thank you so much!
tryphena

Post by tryphena »

I still have problems running Elmer in Salome. I tried two computers and got two different error messages. Could you please give me some advice? Thank you very much.

1.Error message from one computer

'ElmerGrid' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file. 
2. Error message from another computer

Starting program Elmergrid
Elmergrid reading in-line arguments
Lower dimensional boundaries will be removed
Materials and boundaries will be renumbered
Nodes that do not appear in any element will be removed
Output will be saved to file C:\Users\Google.

Elmergrid loading data:
-----------------------
LoadUniversalMesh: opening of the universal mesh file 'C:\Users\Google.unv' wasn't successful !

Thank you for using Elmergrid!
Send bug reports and feature wishes to elmeradm@csc.fi
starting
ELMER SOLVER (v 9.0) STARTED AT: 2021/04/23 06:17:40
ParCommInit:  Initialize #PEs:            1
MAIN:
MAIN: =============================================================
MAIN: ElmerSolver finite element software, Welcome!
MAIN: This program is free software licensed under (L)GPL
MAIN: Copyright 1st April 1995 - , CSC - IT Center for Science Ltd.
MAIN: Webpage http://www.csc.fi/elmer, Email elmeradm@csc.fi
MAIN: Version: 9.0 (Rev: Release, Compiled: 2021-01-22)
MAIN:  Running one task without MPI