different errors on Linux and Windows

The graphical user interface of Elmer
sailor79

different errors on Linux and Windows

Post by sailor79 »

Hi forum,

I am working on my first steps with elmer. I tried the windows and linux version. I have different problems with both of them.

Linux: The Timestep Control in ElmerPost does not work. I cannot choose a timestep by typing it into the field, although I read the whole data.

Windows: Timestep Control is OK. But When I start the solver I get the error: "Fortran runtime error: File already opened in another unit".

Does someone know what I can do, to get Elmer running on Linux or Windows (preferably Windows, as I run Linux in a Virtual Machine).

Thank you for your support.

Best regards

Michael
raback
Site Admin
Antispam: Yes

Re: different errors on Linux and Windows

Post by raback »

Hi Michael

Linux: did you check that you really have the timesteps in your ep-file?

Windows: perhaps you're trying to write to an ep-file that is opened by another program?

Try to work through some of the tutorials and if the problems persist try to locate it in more detail. The Windows version should be pretty fresh. I'll try to update it rather soon to sf.

-Peter
sailor79

Re: different errors on Linux and Windows

Post by sailor79 »

Hi Peter,

thank you for your quick response.

I worked on the tutorial 6 (Rayleigh-Bernard instabilities). With linux I am not able to get the different timesteps visible. The same ep-file opened in ElmerPost (Windows) works pretty fine.

Concerning the "opened file probleme" under Windows. I restarted my computer und just started the solver over ElmerGUI. It is the same problem. But if a new version will be released shortly it makes no sense to invest time into this problem. Now I am working with ElmerSolver (VM Machine with Linux) and parallel with ElmerPost on Windows. This workaround is not so bad. ;-)

Thank you very much for your nice support and the great Elmer package.

Best regards

Michael