sif files of tutorial online?

The graphical user interface of Elmer
janlietaer

sif files of tutorial online?

Post by janlietaer »

Dear All
would it be possible to create a repository where I can find all the .sif files of the tutorial ?
It would be nice to be able to compare them with my .sif files, in order to find out who's the bad guy ( me or Elmer ;-)))

Best Regards
Jan Lietaer

ps great software
raback
Site Admin
Antispam: Yes

Re: sif files of tutorial online?

Post by raback »

Hi

The files related to the non-GUI tutorials may be found at.
http://www.nic.funet.fi/pub/sci/physics ... les.tar.gz

Now the GUI files aren't there, mainly because the XML project saved by the GUI is not very recilient to changes in code or configuration. However, the sif file should be always forward compatible. So having at least the .sif files there would be a good idea, and why also not the project file with reservations. I'll try to update at least some when going through the material for next months course. Last time we probably went through the whole set more than one year ago, so problems are possible. If anybody has a working project giving the same results as shown in tutorial, and made with a GUI version not older than a month or so, sending them to me would help in building this set.

-Peter
mzenker

Post by mzenker »

Hi,

this would indeed be very helpful for people trying to reproduce the tutorial examples.
If you store the GUI project files, I would propose to also give the GUI solver configuration, i.e. which solver .xml files are present in the bin/edf directory in order to have the solver settings in the GUI project as they should be.
OR maybe this could be a motivation to fix this problem in the GUI, e.g. by using named item labels in the egproject.xml ... ;)

Matthias
janlietaer

Post by janlietaer »

Why doesn't this one work?
It 's the "transient flow and heat equations- Rayleigh-Bernard instability?
There seems to be only one step in the post processor instead of the 100 ?
Br
Jan
Attachments
case.sif
case.sif file
(3.37 KiB) Downloaded 392 times
raback
Site Admin
Antispam: Yes

Post by raback »

Hi

Perhaps you should read in all the steps. Anaways, all the tutorial solutions may be downloaded at
http://www.nic.funet.fi/pub/sci/physics ... GUI.tar.gz

-Peter