Calculate Loads with ElasticSolver?

Numerical methods and mathematical models of Elmer
nervousfinger

Calculate Loads with ElasticSolver?

Post by nervousfinger »

Hello,
I'm using the "Calculate Loads" option to get the reaction force at a boundary, it works fine as "Linear Elasticity" model with the "Stress Solver" but as the displacement is to huge I would rather use the "Nonlinear Elasticity" model with the "ElasticSolver".
I changed my sif file according to the tutorial "Loaded elastic beam".

With the ElasticSolver I get a Displacement Loads variable in Post but it is empty.
Is there another way to get those loads or the reaction force directly?

Btw. here is my MATC code to calculate the reaction force

tmp=size(nodes); n=tmp(1); summe=0; counter=n; for(i=0:n-1) if(nodes(1,i)<=(min(nodes(1,0:n-1))+5)) summe=summe+Displacement.loads.2(i) else counter=counter-1

regards Fran

[edit]
in my sif i'm using a force as boundary condition and the calculated reaction should be almost the same...
later on I want to set a displacement and get the reaction force to calculate a force-displacement-graph
Attachments
case_backup.sif
(2.21 KiB) Downloaded 360 times
raback
Site Admin
Antispam: Yes

Re: Calculate Loads with ElasticSolver?

Post by raback »

Hi Fran

The problem is that ElasticSolver uses from historical reasons a different calling convention for linear algebra than StressSolver:
  • ElasticSolve.src calls SolveSystem subroutine in line ~728
  • StressSolve.src calls DefaultSolve subroutine lin line ~640
The DefaultSolve includes SolveSystem and some other stuff, such as the computation of loads.

-Peter
nervousfinger

Post by nervousfinger »

Hi,
So i think i'll have to go backwards...

Set the loads, calculate displacements and interpolate the load for a specific displacement between 2 points...

regards Frank
raback
Site Admin
Antispam: Yes

Post by raback »

Hi

I modified the code slighty so the computation of loads should now work for this solver too. The change in ElasticSolve is in the svn as rev. 4319.

-Peter