Advice on solver settings for MagDyn

Numerical methods and mathematical models of Elmer
Nick_99
Antispam: Yes

Re: Advice on solver settings for MagDyn

Post by Nick_99 »

kevinarden wrote: 10 May 2024, 16:37 If you are putting an object in the cube, then I think it would work.
Yes that's exactly what I want do do.
kevinarden wrote: 10 May 2024, 17:20 You may want to read through this thread, it has some similarities.

viewtopic.php?t=8014&start=10
Ok awesome I will have a look on Monday and get back to you!

Thanks again so much for your assistance. Y'all are definitely getting an acknowledgement in my thesis :lol:
Nick_99

Post by Nick_99 »

Hi all,

Just wanted to give a quick update.

I don't think the simulation I've wanted to make is really possible in Elmer using the previous discussion. However, I do have a solution that I think is valid.

If you want to simulate some body experiencing a uniform magnetic field that does not lie parallel to any of the unit basis vectors, you have to simulate each component separately and then use the principle of superposition to get the resultant field. In other words, I'm saying that you need to simulate the X-component of the field in one sim, the y-component of the field in another sim, and the z-component of the field in another sim. In post processing, like ParaView, you merge the results under the assumption that the principle of superposition is valid. I'm busy investigating the validity of this assumption. Please see the image below for an example sim.

image.png
(343.65 KiB) Not downloaded yet

Thanks for all the help.

Cheers,
Nick
nehakakar

Post by nehakakar »

Hey hi, check each simulation is correctly set up and combine results in ParaView to get the resultant field.