Unable to run Elmer Post or Paraview

The graphical user interface of Elmer
jeem40
Antispam: Yes

Unable to run Elmer Post or Paraview

Post by jeem40 »

Hi, I am trying the tutorial 8 (horseshoe magnet). Everything seem to work fine, the solver seems to work. After solving, Elmer post does not open when I clic Run/Start Elmer post and "Unable to start Elmer Post" appears in the bottom left corner of the screen. The same happens when I try to start Paraview. However I can start Elmer VTK but the result seems to be 0 everywhere. I triple checked that I followed exactly the turorial but I am still unable to see the results. I joined my project and a printscreen of Elmer VTK. I am new to Elmer, I was using Flux to analyse electric machines but I wanted to try Elmer since it is free. Thanks!
horseshoe.msh
(268.02 KiB) Downloaded 217 times
ElmerVTKPrintScreen.PNG
(27.52 KiB) Not downloaded yet
case.sif
(3.18 KiB) Downloaded 231 times
jeem40
Antispam: Yes

Re: Unable to run Elmer Post or Paraview

Post by jeem40 »

Hi, I finally found the problem. Paraview must be installed separately! After that, the user can view results by opening the result file in paraview. For ElmerVTK, the user must click on surfaces and select what he wants to look at. Also, I was not using the postprocessor correctly. User must specify the priority between MgDyn2D and MgDyn2DPost. MgDyn2D must have a higher priority than the other one since it has to be computed first. Next step transformer and then PM machine! For the one that are struggling with their hello world in Elmer here is my working project for the horseshoe magnet.
ElmerHorseShoe.zip
(332.16 KiB) Downloaded 307 times