MATC & Save Scalars

Numerical methods and mathematical models of Elmer
PierreAntonetti
Antispam: Yes

MATC & Save Scalars

Post by PierreAntonetti »

Hello,

I've the a question regards Save Scalars solver :
- how to retriever and store a value defined by a MATC or Tables formula ? My case is a thermal transient simulation in which the exterior temperature is defined by a MATC formula or a table.

Thanks for helping.
raback
Site Admin

Re: MATC & Save Scalars

Post by raback »

Hi,

Look at SaveDependence* test cases. E.g.
https://github.com/ElmerCSC/elmerfem/tr ... Dependence

-Peter
PierreAntonetti

Re: MATC & Save Scalars

Post by PierreAntonetti »

Hi,

Many few questions :

- SaveDependence is much more for generating a table from a table/MATC expression. I rather use SaveScalars module and simply create an Expression i = Real MATC "..."

- In SaveScalars section, when switching to a variable (Variable name = ""), how to not export the value ? I only want to export the value derived with operators

- Do you know how to not export the coordinates (x,y,z) in a "Save Coordinates" ? I only want the value in the export file.

- Moreover how to target that value variable (from Save Coordinates) in a "Target Variable"/"Show Norm" exported variable ? It's not an operator

- Do you know why name list "*.names" do not respect the order of variable/operator/expression in the SaveScalars section ?

- I noticed that the exported coordinates are rounded and not match the value in the sif files. For example, when using the (0,0,0) point, I get the following exported coordinates "-9.99999E-004 -3.3333E-4 0.0000E+00". Is there a way to fix that ?

Thanks Peter !